Be Kind

A few years ago I met this person, and what drew me to them was their kindness, literally to everyone and anyone they met. I remember thinking, "I want to be just like them". When I was growing up I was very shy and introverted (not that I am not shy and introverted now, but I'm grown... anyway,) people mistook me for being rude, stuck up and uninterested. 3 years ago I decided, hey, I need to really change something cause I wasn't those things I was portraying and my new year's resolution was simply to be more kind!



Showing kindness not only impacts other people's lives but it can genuinely make you feel better. I learned that being kind and showing kindness makes me a happier person. And my ultimate goal in life is to be happy. That's it! In any and everything I do!

Kindness, to me, is being genuine and showing love no matter what, who or how. It is so infectious and my favorite quote to describe this is...



When I started this off 3 years ago I constantly had to think about it, but now it is basically second nature... So a simple example... Arriving at a cashier, say "hello", ask "how are you?", tell them to enjoy the day... simple things like these may come naturally to you but might be crazy to the next person, and meeting people along the way this became more evident. I just hope one-day someone would look at me, like I looked at my friend, and say "I want to be just like them". (that's weird to say, but yeah, dreams...)


Simple acts of kindness that changed my life.

Smile!
If you know me, you'd probably know that I'm literally always smiling! (or I look lost... that's another thing I probably need to work on...) but smiling is probably one of the easiest things to do! Smile at strangest, kids, the girl who doesn't like you! (this is a legit thing in life! I'm not sure why)

Compliment people!
This was a hard one for me, but until I felt it (a stranger complimenting me, that is) I felt I needed to speak more of my thoughts. Often I see girls/women and I love their hair or what they're wearing, and for a long time, I just kept it to myself! But one day I just decided hey I'm going to tell this girl she has amazing hair! and I did and I felt super awkward at first (not going to lie), but then she smiled, and I smiled, and I bet she felt great, and that made me feel great and it was an overall win-win.

Acknowledge others!
This is so important! So many people go around taking credit for what others have done for them, be kind and take the time to acknowledge people. As well as physically, for example, hold the door for someone or pick up what they've just dropped, tipping waitrons a bit extra for good service, or giving way to cars.



Just remember, being kind isn't about being fake, always be genuine in what you do and say... Always put positive vibes into the world and you'll be rewarded. With that said, people might not always say thank you or respond kindly... but it might just change their perspective, all we have to do is try.

I hope this post pushes you to be a kinder person! In turn, it will make this world a nicer place.



~
be kind.
Zoë
TOP - SUPRE | JEANS - H&M

3 comments

  1. What a great read to start my Monday morning �� Always be kind...LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Zoe. Very interesting and informative. Can't agree with you more. Be kind...and it starts with me. Thank you and have an awesome week. Should visit some of these spots for some good food and relaxation. BAW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article, literally what I've been practicing. Almost had a full on conversation with the ticket dispenser helper at cavendish square. She was shocked by my kindness but she really enjoyed it. However there were cars waiting behind me so I couldn't go on. BE KiND!

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram